Therapy & Treatments
Treatment varies depending on you or your child’s diagnosis and severity.
- Articulation Therapy
Some people will have difficulties with the correct pronunciation of words. The Speech Therapist will work with you to identify and correct the sounds that are most challenging for speech.
- Language Therapy
The Speech and Language Therapist will find out if you or your child’s language skill is age- appropriate. He will identify his/her strengths and weakness through an assessment.
- Social Skills Therapy
Some children may need help using the right words in the right social situation. Our therapists will provide strategies that will help promote healthy peer relationships and prevent bullying especially in school.
- Voice Therapy
Voice Therapy is done by a select group of therapist specializing in this area. Come in and have a chat if you constantly have a hoarse voice and want to do something about it.
- Stuttering Treatment
Do you find it hard to speak fluently? Find yourself or your child getting stuck or repeating persistently when speaking? Come in for an assessment and we will help you from there. We have a group of trained Speech Therapists in this specialty who can help you.
- Auditory Processing Disorder Therapy
Do you have difficulty processing auditory information as diagnosed by an audiologist? We can help provide the training required dependent on your listening profile.
At Magic beans, we incorporate a myriad of approaches, depending on what will benefit you and your child the most. They may include:
- It Takes Two to Talk® — The Hanen Program®
- More Than Words® — The Hanen Program®
- Lindamood-bell’s Visualising and Verbalising program
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- DIR Floortime
- Social Thinking programs by Michelle Garcia
- In both individual and group programs
- PROMPT, a tactile-kinesthetic approach
- Oro-motor therapy using TalkTools®
- MORE – Integrating the Mouth with Sensory and Postural Functions